This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The Basis on which we process information about you.
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information processed due to our contractual obligation with you.
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find beneficial, including but not limited to our network of independent service providers (sub-contractors). We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at (email@example.com). However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purpose of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having considered:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our official documents and customer records
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk related to our business protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
Complaints regarding content on our website
We attempt to moderate user-generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we must make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. This statement needs clarification since ‘some’ of our employees do actually have access to the payment information AND if we offer Shopify or an e-commerce option technically, they will transfer payment info to us correct?
At the point of ACH payment, you are transferred to a secure page hosted by Intuit Merchant Services, or some other reputable payment service provider. The payment form may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled or hosted by us.
Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to 3 years in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for 3 years before destroying or deleting it.
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our customer service program. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name, email address, and phone number so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner. The information is not used for any other purpose. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when visiting our website
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions with, and usage of the website. This allows us, through the Google Analytics server to provide our users with a tailored experience within this website.
The cookies our website places on your computer are only used to monitor the performance of our website. The cookies collect various types of information in an anonymous form, including the number of visits to our site, where visitors have come from to the site and the pages they visited.
We use tracking software to anonymously monitor our visitors to better understand how they use our website. This software is provided by Google Analytics which will save a cookie to your computer in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but this cookie will not collect, use or store any information about you which is designated ‘personal information’ under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- We will not automatically collect any personal data about you, either through this website, or by any other automated means;
- If, for any business purpose, it becomes necessary to collect personal information about you, this business purpose, the categories of personal information, and the ways in which it will be collected, used and stored (including our policy on data destruction when our possession of the data is no longer necessary) will be communicated to you;
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- We will collect and use our personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain your consent or as required by law;
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned;
- The personal information we collect should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date. We will use our best endeavors to ensure that we meet these standards of accuracy, and will update, edit, or delete as quickly as possible any information that you consider to be wrong;
- We will protect your personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, and;
- We will make all the information we hold about you readily available as well as information about our company’s policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Our use of re-marketing
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
Third party advertising on our website
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How to file a complaint
- If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint. Please visit https://www.eugdpr.org/ to review information regarding the complaint process.
Return period for personal data
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defense in court.
Compliance with the law
Our privacy notice has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every country or legal jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your jurisdiction, we would like to hear from you. However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website, products, and services.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records. If you have any question regarding our privacy notice, please contact us:
26249 Enterprise Court
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Attention: Legal Notices